Monday, July 27, 2009

The Sig Sauer Mosquito: Plastic need not be evil

.




Standing at the cabinet 'o smaller semiautomatic pistols in the gun shop, I had a number of choices arrayed before me. With a .22 target/plinking pistol in mind, the shop keeper laid on the counter the usual suspects from Ruger, Browning, and S+W. All had their good points and bad, but something whispered to me "Look again....". Another .22 still resided under the glass, and it was one I had missed at first glance. A Sig Sauer Mosquito in two tone, with silvered slide and black frame.


The Mosquito is a double action .22 rimfire semi-auto built by Sig to duplicate the feel of their P226 and P220 model pisto
ls. Brought in at 90% of full size for those models, the Mosquito has controls and functions that match it's big brothers. The only control that does not match is the safety. The Mosquito has a slide mounted thumb safety lever, while it's slightly larger brothers do not. There is no requirement to use the slide mounted safety, and it can be ignored if desired. The decocking lever safely lowers the hammer, just as it does on most other Sig's.

Looking at the specifications, it quickly becomes apparent the Mosquito may be 90% the size of a P226, but it's a 98% duplication of the size and shape of the P229 9mm compact double stack carry pistol.
This makes for an interesting possible combination; the P229 for defensive or concealed duty carry, with the Mosquito for low cost and plentiful practice.

The Mosquito seems to have been built with several ideas in mind. One is clearly the adherence to clunky old Sig Sauer solid dependability. Another, a target of meeting the training needs of those who own the bigger centerfire pistols but desire a matching .22 for practice. Lastly, the pistol appears to have been built with the motto "If it can be made of polymer, do so!"

The frame is plastic, as so many pistols are today, but Sig went far beyond that. The
sights, hammer, trigger, mag release, magazine, and even the barrel are plastic (the barrel has a steel liner). The pistol has a great deal in common with the plastic box it comes in.

The pistol is mounted with an external safety key, but it's fairly well hidden. Almost unnoticeable, behind the m
agazine well on the butt is a small hole with a flat blade in it. The pistol comes with a key to turn the blade. One direction activates the pistol, the other deactivates it. The pistol also comes with what appears to be a red plastic empty chamber flag that can be inserted into the chamber. Reading the manual discloses the flag also doubles as a clever 'dry fire' plug to protect the chamber mouth from the firing pin.

The sights appear to fixed, but are actually designed to be adjusted. The rear sight has a set screw, and loosening it allows the simple and rugged slotted sight to be adjusted left or right. The front blade is fixed, but unique in my experience the pistol comes with two additional extra sights. All three are different heights, and once the best ammunition is chosen the proper sight can be installed to match it's point of impact. The sights are 'three d
ot', with tiny but bright yellow inserts installed in them.

Field stripping for cleaning is amazingly easy. With the magazine removed and the pistol assured as empty, the take down lever is simply rotated 180 degrees. At that point the slide is pulled rearward and lifted up off the frame guides, and then allowed forward. This leaves the frame with barrel attached, the slide, and a recoil spring with
a guide. That is all the is required for normal cleaning.

It should be noted the pistol also comes with a spare recoil spring, and the simple field stripping is all that's required to change it. The extra spring is of a different rate, and can be used to tune the pistol to the ammunition chosen. To me, this demonstrates an understanding that .22 rimfire ammunition varies significantly, and erratically. Changing recoil springs on a blowback pistol is the simplest way to tune one, but getting different springs can be problematic. It's nice that Sig thought ahead on this.

Just for fun, there is also a heavy keyed security lock that comes with the Mosquito. It has a padded chain that's long enough to install down the barrel and back into the Master style padlock. What's slightly humorous about the lock is this: it may contain more steel than the pistol itself does.


The magazine is plastic, but fairly well built. It is also the source of the only problem encountered with the pistol during it's first range experience. The very first round ever chambered in the pistol misfed, with the bullet hitting the back of the barrel
instead of being guided into the chamber. There was only one more feed failure during the first one hundred rounds fired, and that was the final round in a magazine that launched itself from the ejection port, rather than chamber. It was found in the shooters shirt pocket, still unfired and unmarked.

A nice feature the Mosquito has, and one not assured on all .22 autos, is a magazine slide lock. The slide remains open on an empty magazine, just as it does with it's
larger siblings.

For some reason, Sig Sauer regards the magazine as an exceptionally valuable article.
The pistol comes with only one, and Sig wants $44 for an extra one. Midway USA has the same magazine in stock for $10 cheaper, but that is still a little pricey. Spares will be purchased, but not too many of them.

Fired for the first time on the range, the results are quite favorable. Where I have run into new Ruger MkIII's that required hundred of rounds of break in to begin functioning decently, the Mosquito began cranking out target after target with very few function issues. Only the two feed problems previously mentioned, and nothing else of exception to note. It may help that Sig Sauer includes with the pistol a $10 coupon on four boxes of CCI Mini-Mag rimfire ammunition. This helps people make the proper choice of breaking in the pistol with quality ammunition, rather than bulk pack cheaper offerings.
Sig includes a card with the pistol noting that it's been tested with CCI Mini-Mags and functions well with them. The same card also specifies a special lube point, and that the pistol needs to be regularly cleaned and lubricated. It always amazes me how many folks will take a new pistol out of the box, never clean it, and complain about function. These things are machines, and need care to operate correctly.

Accuracy wise, the Mosquito performed as expected. For a light weight short barreled .22 new out of the box, the pistol grouped decently. The first fifty foot group from the bench was under four inches, and when the trigger was mastered that shrunk to a little over two inches. It's not a 'target' pistol really, but much better suited to defensive practice, and the accuracy is more than adequate for the job.

More to the point, the Sig Mosquito immediately and naturally fell into it's niche of being a low cost training pistol. It fit the CCW belt holster perfectly, and the functionality of the pistol allowed for an excellent practice session. Over 100 rounds were fired in draw/double tap drills in the span of half an hour. With the 9x19mm, this would have meant an ammunition cost of about $40. With the Mosquito, it cost only about $6, and that's with premium rimfire ammunition.

I am becoming enamored with the idea of a rimfire pistol that exactly matches the size and function of my carry pistol. I can foresee a Sig Sauer P229 in my future as a CCW weapon. While my S+W M+P 9c has been a steady companion for several years, it has a few drawbacks the P229 would neatly solve. Add in the idea of low cost practice with the mosquito, and it becomes a winning combination.

Reading owner reviews on the 'Net, the Mosquito generally gets poor marks. Comments about feed failures with various ammunition, a trigger not up to match standards, and the fact that it's made of plastic and pot metal. All that taken into account, if the feed issues can be solved by using proper ammunition, then the other problems are more of expectation than manufacture. The mosquito is not a target pistol, and it's certainly not intended to last through several generations of shooters. It is made of cheaper materials, and this is reflected in the low cost. What it does have going for it is ergonomics. It's built as a low cost trainer for the Sig duty pistols, and for that function it seems to fit the bill. If Sig made one of quality steel and charged a few hundred dollars more, I'd rather have that, but they don't.

There will be a high quality .22 pistol in my future, of that I am sure. I have my eye on a K-22 as I write this..... but for now, this little Sig hits the mark as a training pistol that's cheap to buy, and cheap to feed. Stay tuned as a I wear it in, and attempt to wear it out. More reports are coming......






(Bit of an update....)

Looking at Sig's web site, I have discovered they do indeed have full size and high quality rimfire pistols built to exactly match their carry pistols. They also have rimfire conversion kits to fit most of their carry pistols. This is promising!

As for the Mosquito... I'm going to try and wear it out, while reporting on the progress as I go. We shall sort out the 'I heard' from the reality soon enough. Will it hold up to thousands of rounds on the range? Or.... will it prove to be a FTF waiting to happen? Stay tuned!

42 comments:

loneviking said...

Good review! I've been wondering about this little gun. I carry a Sig P6, which I've come to really like. This little gun would be about the same size and a handy little trainer, even with the expensive mags.

Frank W. James said...

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I believe that technically speaking the Sig Mosquito is actually built by Umarex (same people over in Germany that own Walther. They make pot-metal 'gas' guns as their primary source of profit) for Sig.

Big difference in terms of overall performance as you will find out after shooting it a whole bunch.

The idea for the gun is great, the execution quite a bit less... The frame on the Mosquito is not steel, nor is it aluminum... Hint: think what their primary expertise is?

Sorry.

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Carteach0 said...

May be Frank. I'll look into it, but I have no reason to doubt your expertise. The frame on the mosquito I am holding is plastic, that much is clear.

We'll see how well it holds up to range use. I have a few thousand rounds of .22 set aside for it already. If it does not perform well, back to Sig with it.

Crucis said...

Coincidently, I visited my FLG this last Saturday looking for a used Sig P220. They didn't have any. But, they did have two, new P220s in .22LR for ~$500. They were identical with the .45acp version I was looking for but in .22LR.

Each pistol came with a coupon for a .45ACP top end for $400 more. So for $900 you get the .45 and .22 top ends on the same frame. The .22 came with a single, plastic mag. I don't know if the coupon included any .45 mags.

I was intrigued but I already have a Browning Buckmark that I'm perfectly satisfied with and it has the same manual of arms as my 1911s.

Buffalo Dave said...

Thanks Carteach. I enjoy your technical reports and other writing. Still waiting for permit, should take 15-18 months, its only been 4. I use your blog, among other sources, to educate myself about all things firearms. Soon I'll start hiding $$ to make the first handgun purchase, but still not decided on which way to go. Thought I had it narrowed down to a 1911, but decided to not to decide when the purchase is a year away. Till then home defense is 12ga. pump.

Thanks again for the posts.

Buffalo Dave

Tam said...

My experiences with them have been nothing good, and I'd second what Frank said.

We sold maybe ten or a dozen while I was at CCA, and better than half the owners were unhappy campers.

After the first several incidents, I sold them with caveats as trainers for people who toted SIGS, but generally steered people looking for plinkers away.

Carteach0 said...

Yup, I can see that Tam. I think as cheap trainer for someone who carries a Sig, it has a niche. I'm just doing it backwards... bought the trainer first, now looking lovingly at the P229 and P220 carry.

So far I have about 350 rounds on this mosquito, and it's ticking along decently.... for what it is. I am going to try and wear it out... see how long it takes, or if I can.

I still want a decent .22 pistol, and will probably spend the $ for a good one in the not so distant future. It may end up being a P239 with a factory rimfire conversion kit. That would make sense to me.

Old NFO said...

Nice write up, but I just don't like Sigs... I've shot a few, but just no appeal to me at all.

Anonymous said...

Car teach,
???$$$???

B Woodman
III

Carteach0 said...

$ is not always something I'm free to discuss. This particular pistol had a hang tag of $325.

Anonymous said...

Just curious, especially as how it would compare to other .22 semi's. Seeing as how I want to try & keep as many more of my purchases "under the radar", I'll keep looking & comparing.

Thx,
B Woodman
III

Ambulance Driver said...

I like mine, but it ain;t as accurate as the old man's High Standard .22.

My Skeeter had a good many feeding and ejecting issues with the first 50 round box of ammo. Followed the manufacturer's instructions and broke it in with CCI Mini Mags and suffered zero failures.

I've shot over five bricks of ammo through it after that first 200 or so using Mini Mags, and most of it cheap bulk ammo. I generally usually plated ammo, but I've had no issues with lead ammo after that initial break in.

Round count is over 2,500 now, and the only failures I've experienced are after 200+ rounds without cleaning. After that, it turns into a single shot.

Like most guns, keep it clean, and use good ammo, and it's as reliable as you'd ever need.

Don't care much for the trigger, but I haven't liked the trigger on any Sig I've ever shot.

Carteach0 said...

AD, looks like my experience is leaning in that direction as well. I'll be writing more about the Mosquito, but so far I'm still pleased with it, in general. Maybe 1000 rounds so far, and still learning it's quirks. Yes, with Mini-Mags or CCI Blazers it runs without issues. All else I have tried in it.... not so flawless (g).

Anonymous said...

I bought this gun last week I own a lot of guns .I can tell all of you Do NOT buy this gun !!! It is junk .It jams every other shot on any amo .I wish HK made a 22 ,David

Conservative Scalawag said...

Saw one of these today at my local gun shop, not badly priced, well for a Sig. What I like,and as you stated, it functions and feels like a full size semi, compared to the Ruger 22/45 or Buckmark Camper, which are just 22 target pistols, not good trainers like the Sig or Walter 22 are.

Everett said...

I have a mosquito and have put about 3k through it with minimal misfires, so as a teaching gun for my three gran-daughters it has worked well. Just bought a P250 in .357 and if available for this piece will go for the .22 rim-fire conversion. It came brand new, never been fired, with the .45 ACP barrel as an extra!! Guy decided he wanted the 1911 Sig instead and was willing to "unload" it pretty cheaply! I think I have died and gone to heaven! Glad to see you back!!

Huey148 said...

I had a Mosquito for about 18 hours before I took it back to the shop, it was an impulse buy and there were too many bad comments about it for me to take a chance. I just picked up a P220 and for $325 I can get the .22 conversion kit for it and shoot the same sized frame. I think that is looking like a good option.

Nice review never less.

Anonymous said...

My understanding is that the spare recoil spring that comes with the Mosquite is a lighter weight spring for less powerful ammo. I have not seen anyone comment on how using this spring affects ejection problems with less powerful, standard velocity ammo. Anyone have experience with it?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Just purchased the Mosquito today. Fired the first 100
Mini-Mags wih zero issues. Cleaning tonight and back to the range tomorrow. Accuracy was more than acceptable. Function was flawless. Only complaint thus far is the trigger. Extremely heavy even on DA. I realize this is not a match pistol, but I think Sig could have done better on the trigger. That said, I am still quite pleased to this point.

Anonymous said...

Carteach0 -

Would you mind commenting on my question written August 22 Please? Thanks. Here it is again:

My understanding is that the spare recoil spring that comes with the Mosquite is a lighter weight spring for less powerful ammo. I have not seen anyone comment on how using this spring affects ejection problems with less powerful, standard velocity ammo. Anyone have experience with it?
Thanks

Carteach0 said...

My Mosquito came with the light spring installed, and just functions with a few energetic brands of ammunition. With the heavy one in it doesn't function at all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your reply carteach0. Not what I wanted to hear though! I had hoped Sig Sauer figured out how to solve the FTF and FTE etc problems with the second spring. From your comment it doesn't sound like they did. I look forward to your more complete follow up report and opinion on the mosquito after you've fired a couple thousand rounds through your gun.
Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I bought a mosquito last Sunday, went through the manual and cleaned it up and went to a range Monday. The first 100 rounds through the barrel were CCi mini-mags. They were doing great until about the 80th round which misfed. It was the only problem round in the first 100 using the lighter weight spring that came with the gun.
I then fired some Remington Golden Bullets from a value pack which were half the price of the cci mini-mags. Had only one misfeed the first 100 rounds with that brand. Don't know why but then had about 5 more misfeeds with the next 60 or 70 rounds of the Remingtons. Had to quit after that 'cause the range closed.
I am not a bullet or ballistics expert by any means but for what it's worth just looking at the two different brands there are what appear to be a few differences. The cci's look better made, cleaner, with casings that are not crimped or scarred (not sure what the right term would be but the Remingtons each have a little crimp-like line around the circumference of the casing about a third of the way up the shell); the Remingtons look "dirtier" (wax coating?); subjectively they don't even look as straight as the CCIs -some look ever so slightly crooked; and they are hollow points. Statistically, the Remingtons have a 1280fps muzzle speed while the ccis have 1235fps. the Remington rounds weigh 36 grains while the cci's weigh 40. All together the CCI characteristics of a "cleaner," straighter round with a heavier slug (causing more back pressure to get nearly the same muzzle speed) probably adds up to a better, more reliably trouble free round. On the other hand the Remingtons are half the price of the CCI's ($20 for 525 Remingtons versus $40 for 500 CCIs) and that counts for something! You could have quite a few misfires and still come out ahead financially with the Remingtons, if the aggravation of misfires doesn't get to you.
Carteach0, I admire your 4 inch and two inch groupings. I am not too bad a shot but I had a lot of trouble getting the bullets to go where I wanted them. I don't have my Mosquito dialed in yet but I have only spent an hour and a half at the range with it so far.
Overall I enjoy the gun so far, am a little frustrated with what seems to be its inaccuracy but will keep working on figuring out how to get it dialed in. Any suggestions for improving its accuracy would be appreciated (and yes I know I need to keep practicing!).

Anonymous said...

I bought mine two months back with the extended barrel. I wanted a plinker that I could use with my Tac65 suppressor, and the Mosquito was the only one that fit my hand and had an available threaded barrel. Today, I finally had a chance to take it to the range and put some rounds through it. I shot 100 rounds of CCI mini-mags, and 150 rounds of Federal Game Shock ammo. I just wanted to see which fed and fired better. With the CCI's, I had one FTF - the very first round (caught up on the chamber edge). With the Federals, which I expected to be terrible, I found that they seemed to cycle faster and I had no misfeeds. My best groups were 2.5" @50feet with the occasional flyer - but I wasn't really trying very hard. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the Mosquito. My only (minor) complaints center around the trigger and the magazine more than anything. The mags are kind of crappy - you have to be pretty careful about alignment when loading them, and they ARE expensive. The trigger is a bit heavy, and has quite a bit of creep and overshoot. I don't know how much can be done about the creep, but I'm sure the pull could be lightened, and the overshoot taken care of as well. I also plan on doing a little polishing here and there to see if I can improve the feeding. For me, I think the Mosquito will get me to the range more often - which is a good thing because I need the practice - it's amazing what bad habits can return in a few months of layoff ;)

Anonymous said...

My sig.22

Stuff that sucks:

-Trigger sucks...But Hey; my finger is getting stronger !
-Pot Metal Slide
-Ridiculous price for .22 Mags
-Slide lock 'Barely' works
-Hates cheap ammo

Stuff that doesn't suck..Quite

-Complimentry back-up spring
-Great ergonomics...to me
-Loves CCI mini-mag...expensive
-Decent trainer to my HK P30

basically it's a crap shoot whether you get a good 1 or not

Anonymous said...

Bought the mosquito last summer. Had a few FTF with the first few hundred rounds. However, it seems to work fine now. Shot over 150 rounds last night with three different brands of ammo (CCI mags, Centurian and Remington brass plated hollow points) without any problems. I like the feel of the gun.
The trigger pull is too stiff. It actually caused numbness in my finger after the first few hundred rounds (i.e., nerve damage)! I have modified the way I position my finger on the trigger and started wearing a glove to protect myself. No problems now but it is a hassle!
It is not very accurate out of the box. However it does have an adjustable site and if you take the time to fool with it it isn't bad. Overall, in spite of the problems I mentioned, I like the gun.

Anonymous said...

I just picked up the Mesquito at my local Academy Sports. I got home and read these postings and thought I should have read them before I purchased this gun. I had a very dismal outlook when going to the range with it today. The only thing I can say after shooting this gun is most of you here must be doing something wrong. I did'nt have one misfire or failure to eject in the 400 rounds I put through this gun. As far as I'm concerned this is a nice piece for plinking and enjoying a day at the range.

Anonymous said...

I've had a Sport model Mosquito for about 2 years. Aside from just a few break-in issues, it's been flawless. Keep it clean, use good ammo and it will treat you right.

Anonymous said...

Well People, there are a ton of write ups on the Mosquito, read them!! First off, Degrease and clean the gun, then relube, see how the trigger is, next you can tear it down and deburr the trigger parts. I did and my trigger is awesome, smooth and light weight.
Use CCI ammo for at least 1000 rounds to break her in, and keep it clean and lubed and you will enjoy the hell out of it. Not a target gun but @ 50 feet I can hit in the kill zones using only one hand and firing the clip in 3 secs. Not bad for an old 1/2 blind plinker

Anonymous said...

I bought a Mosquito to complement my P229 and P239. Read a bunch of reviews before I got it including those here.
Just got back from the range. Put 100 Mini-mags through it and didn't experience any problems.
Lot cheaper than shooting 40's. I'll take an occassional FTF or FTE if it gets me to the range more often.
Thanks for all the great info.

Anonymous said...

guys...
there are basically two serial # ranges for the Mosquito..

the ealier ones were seriously flawed and should all be avoided.

the later, improved guns all begin with a 'F' i believe and are acceptable.. the later # range of mosquitos are still occasionally guaranteed to FTF/FTE but few .22 pistols will not give similar service.

the rule with the mosquitos is if you can get it cheaply, and its serial begins with a F, then it should be fine..
early guns avoid.

DJ_JR said...

Carteach,
I own a P229 in .40S&W and I love it. I also bought the .22lr conversion kit for it for cheap practice. Bricks of CCI ammo are
hard to find around here, so the 1st 2 bricks thru the gun were Remington 40 gr HV's (Green box). After that all it has seen are cheap Federal ammo from WalMart at about half price of the Remingtons. Only a few FTE's
early on and has performed flawlessly since. By shooting lots and lots of .22's thru the gun I have become a much better marksman
when shooting .40cal. I highly recommend a .22 conversion kit for
anyone who owns a large bore autopistol. Lots of practice and being comfortable handling your gun
makes you a safer and better shooter.
As an aside Carteach, I noticed you intend to buy a P229 as a CCW weapon. I would like to see an article about this when you can manage it. The P229 is a LOT of pistol to carry concealed.
Regards,
JR

Anonymous said...

The owner's manual that came with mine recommended oiling the cases to prevent misfires. I tried that with Winchester Power Points and it functioned flawlessly with the heavy spring.

Certainly a pain to have to oil the cases of every round you shoot but it did allow the use of a brand that I have quite a bit of. I keep the oiled rounds in a ziploc baggie to prevent crud from sticking to them.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that should not read "misfires" in the comment about oiling the cases, but rather to reduce / eliminate feeding issues, extraction in particular.

Anonymous said...

i just wanna know did anything happened to the gun after all this time of shooting?

snook613 said...

I had a sig mosquito and it broke after 1 year 2 months.
Just after the warranty expired. My friends did the exact same thing. The cheap plastic like slide broke on both guns. These guns were cleaned and oiled regularly. DON'T BUY A GUN THAT COMES WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY!

Anonymous said...

I've owned my Mosquito for two years. It's accurate enough for my taste and has great ergonomics and weight. I usually just use it for plinking or a backpack gun and don't expect much more out of it, so it's been good.

Just recently I've cracked the 1,000 round mark and it has it begun to cycle reliably with bulk ammo. It has always been good with CCI Mini-Mags, but when I fist got it that's all it would do. My problem now is that some bulk ammo, for whatever reason, will sit wrong in the mag for the first three rounds in a full mag. If you only load it up to 7, each round feeds, fires, and ejects flawlessly. You can stuff a 7-round mag in of the cheapest .22LR and dump the mag with no issues. Ten rounds though, and the first three have to be hand cycled. I haven't figured out why this is yet, but it seems to have something to do with how the rounds stagger after the seventh round. Pushing up on the mag follower does nothing, so it's not a spring issue. Maybe I'll just have to get another mag and see if it works any better.

If I had to do it all over again there's other pistols I might have bought - the CZ Kadet is mighty attractive. I probably could have saved money by going the .22LR conversion route as well. All in all, I've enjoyed the Mosquito and that's all that really matters.

Anonymous said...

This article is making me want a .22 conversion kit for my Glock, since I have owned a Sig 226 and sold it (poor fit for my hand and long trigger reset). I just don't practice as much as I should.

David said...

Seems a little odd continuing on such an old thread, but I wanted to say thanks to you and all the commentators for providing so much information on this little gun. Despite the number of very negative comments, I chose to get the Mosquito because it was the only pistol I could find that my son with his small hands could properly and safely manipulate all the controls. Everything else caused him to make some kind of awkward unconventional adjustment. Well yesterday we toddled off to the range with the new Mosquito and a bag full of different ammo types. I had prepared my son for a lot of failure drills, but to our surprise the gun cycled very well. OK, it choked on Remington subsonic (duh) and gagged big time on Wildcat (extraction problems.) But, it ate all the Federal bulk pack, CCI Blazer, Mini Mags, and Federal Automatch we could feed it. So far so good.

Carteach0 said...

David, I hope your boy and you enjoy the Sig, and get years of fun and good training out of it!

Stories like that are kind of why I started blogging my hobby. I enjoy sharing it with others of like mind.

As for my Mosquito, it's since been traded off for another. It's place taken by an ISC M22 rimfire that's proportioned like the Glock I carry.

Josh said...

Carteach0,

I know this is an OLD thread, but I am thinking about buying a NEW Mosquito and was wondering how your plan to "try to wear out" the mossi went?

Last I saw you had 1000 plus through it. What did you get to before you went towards the M22? Any noteworthy problems?

Thanks so much for the review, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will probably purchase this gun soon!

Carteach0 said...

Josh,

In the end, I found the mosquito to be quite picky regarding the ammunition it would shoot, and prone to frequent miss-feeds and jams.

It was annoying enough that I didn't hit the 2K round mark with it, and it has since been traded off.