Thursday, October 7, 2010

I ain't dead yet......

.
Mini-update folks, on the fly... as it were. My duties (and joys) at teaching are keeping me spectacularly busy. Eventually I'll find time to write and share, but right now... whatever I produced would be rather poor quality.

Shooty things I could be writing about, and will be when time permits....

*
I managed to do a bit of trigger work on my Glock G-30, and not screw it up. That will be a post, with photos, when I have time to do it justice.
* A Ruger LCP has followed me home. Let me just say.... "Hmmmm".... this is interesting. I now see a clear place for a very small, very light, and comparatively powerful pocket pistol. This thing is worth several posts, at least. Especially so once I run my stock of .380 ammo low and have to load specifically for the Elsie Pea.
* The seasons first cord of firewood has been delivered... so naturally my thoughts turn to backyard backstops for shooting small bore. Some of that wood will be 'stored' in the form of my new backyard .22 range. Look for a post with photos (g).
* Laura Burgess, fine woman she is, sent me an e-mail with the following attached (see below). Folks, this thing looks neat, and I may have to count my pennies to buy one. Why.... should speak for itself.

Time to rush off to school, my friends. 45 young minds wait on their daily warpage installation. (THINK boys, THINK!!). Ya'll have a fine day!

Carteach



THE SURESTRIKE™ LASER TRAINING SYSTEM

Laser Ammo Takes the Dry out of Dry-Fire Training

GREAT NECK, NY (October 6, 2010) Laser Ammo Ltd. (“Laser Ammo”), manufacturer of the patent pending SureStrike™ dry fire system, provides the world's safest and most cost-effective laser marksmanship tools that improve skill while reducing training expense.

Laser-Ammo--2611smSureStrike transforms any fully operational pistol into a laser emitting dry-fire training weapon within a few seconds. The SureStrike has dimensions similar to those of a standard ammunition cartridge and is simply loaded into the weapon’s chamber through the breech, then held in place with a safety pipe and nut.

color5 (2)Activated only by the firing pin strike, the SureStrike emits a microprocessor controlled, eye-safe laser pulse, or a “shot” of red light, which simulates the point of impact where a bullet fired from the pistol, would have struck. This immediate feedback results in rapid self correction and positive reinforcement.

For more information, contact:

John Fletcher

Marketing Manager

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of being exceedingly nit-picky, since most bullets do not follow such a flat trajectory as a laser beam, wouldn't practicing with this develop bad aiming habits? Or is the difference between the two trajectory's irreverent for practice?

Carteach0 said...

I am guessing you meant irrelevant, and yes, mostly it is. A unit like this, for me, would be used in close range draw/fire practice. Indoors, in low light, across the living room say. At that distance bullet drop is a non-issue.

Firehand said...

I've heard of this, and for practice such as you describe it sounds good. But right now, a $200 training aid ain't happening.