Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Coming up.......



.


An article here on Carteach0 regarding Lake City AP ammunition instigated some discussion, and a reader sharing his own testing. Another kind reader sent along a heaping double handful of pulled AP bullets for test and review. Some were retained here for 'Ol Carteach to poke and prod at, while most were shipped down South to be loaded up and tested by another friend of the cause. Look for an upcoming piece or two here detailing what we find!

Over the holiday, the fat guy here was blessed with a gift from a friend. A magnificent prize in the form of a M1 Garand. Look for a slew of articles this year as I explore Garand ownership, something I have only wished for most of my life.

As always, thank you for hitting up those ads spotted here and there on the Carteach blog. Each hit ads a few pennies to the kitty, and makes it easier to do what we do here. Thank you!


4 comments:

Erik in Texas said...

I only came into the magical world of the M1 Garand about 3 years ago, and I'm getting ready to buy my 4th rifle. I have sold every item from my single life, I'm not rich by any means. I absolutely love my rifles. I hope that you get many years of enjoyment from that magnificent Lead Pez Dispenser!

drjim said...

I'm going to take an Appleseed course here shortly, and I've already joined the RWVA.
I'll be a member of the M1 Garand club by summer!

Jay G said...

Wow. That's one helluva friend there...

Looking forward to reading your experiences with "the greatest battle implement ever devised"...

It's on the list for someday in the G. armory as well...

Hartley said...

Glad to hear you're back amongst the living! I'm looking forward to your report on the AP ammo - and the fun you will have with that Garand.
I just bought my second one (the first one was bought (and sold) for $75 back in 1970) and it's still fun!