Thursday, March 1, 2012

Comments....

.
Bloggers new Captcha system for comments is... difficult... for many people. As Carteach doesn't like using them himself, naturally he turned them off for this site's comments as well.

That began an inundation from anonymous spambots, filling my mailbox each day with comments containing links to sites best left unmentioned. The flood became... significant.

For the time being, I have shut off anonymous commenting on this site. It's my sincere hope this does not discourage the real human beings from commenting. If it does, please let me know privately and I shall try to figure out some means around it.

Thank for reading here!

4 comments:

drjim said...

Yep, it's a real PITA!
Turned mine off last week, but haven't seen an increase in spam.

Huey said...

they haven't found you yet....

Hartley said...

Any chance you can add Facebook to the ID options? Would make it easier for me..:-)

Carteach0 said...

I will if Blogger allows me to. I'm not sure we get any options....