Saturday, April 14, 2012

Off to Appleseed today!



I'm so excited I woke an hour earlier than needed! This weekend I am shooting an Appleseed event, and the Fat Man is on the road shortly, headed for adventure and a heady learning experience.

My bag is packed, with my new Knee Pads and my new Elbow Pads, as every single person who advised me said they are necessary. Also... a case of bottled water, a bottle of Advil, and Liberty (My Garand).

As time permits, I'll be taking photos and watching how things are done, so I may report out to our faithful friends and readers here. Folks... I have been looking forward to this for weeks!


6 comments:

ZerCool said...

And you're getting just about perfect weather for it, too. Looking forward to hearing about it!

Earl said...

I have a shooting jacket, Marine type, and although I had the elbow and knee pads of a couple of types I have never liked them nor used them much. Dickie bid coveralls with double knee patches and chest and side pockets I like a lot. Lots of water, ammunition, and some pain relief is good. Hot showers, tubs and a younger body is also, but it isn't a race, you will be fine.

Turk Turon said...

Envy!
Some day I'll get my chance.

Anonymous said...

Even more important than the gunnery is the HISTORY they teach, why the Rev. war was (and is) so important to The Colonies becoming America. Drink deep feom that well, my friend. It refreshes the soul....Yours in Liberty, JohninnMd(help)

drjim said...

YAY!
Can hardly wait until you post about it.

Hartley said...

I'll go out on a limb here (NOT) and predict you'll have a really great time..:-)

Looking forward to your commentary.