Thursday, October 4, 2012

On every journey, there comes a point where return is impossible


This past week, attending the GRPC, I was honored to spend time with many, many good people.  Folks who fight for their rights, and those of everyone else.  People who believe in a future, freedom, and that good people win in the end.

It was an honor, and I give them my respect.

But.... I think it's too late.

Not regarding the individual civil rights of man, and of the right people have to defend themselves against force and violence.... no.... in that I agree with the fine people of the GRPC.

No, I think it's too late as a society.  I think, for many reasons and most of all the shear incontrovertible math of our situation, that we as a nation have passed a point of no return.

Bad times are ahead.... and this I believe.  I think otherwise good people are going to pay a hard price for their choices, and the choices others made before them.

I, personally, have given up any notion that politics can make any but the smallest difference now.  Yes, the next president will choose the judges that populate the Supreme Court, and that will change many things indeed.   That said... if the economic math plays out the way it seems to be going, even Supreme Court decisions will mean little.

Yes, I know.... in this I may be wrong.  I've been wrong before, and will easily admit it when it happens.


This blog has always been a a simple shooting blog.  Just one fat old man's way of sharing a passion with friends.

Perhaps it's time for that to change.   There are more important things to discuss now.
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you're just flat scaring the hell out of me. I came to that realization some time back, but always wanted to doubt myself as just being foolish. If you (and a lot of other people) are thinking this way, then I ain't as wrong as I hoped I was.
YeOldFurt

Old NFO said...

Good point... But 'maybe' we can save it...

Old NFO said...

Just tried to comment on your other blog, comments would not open...

GunRights4US said...

We could debate all day long the particulars of the upcoming calamity, but not there will BE a calamity. As you point out, the "shear incontrovertible math" dictates that there MUST be a balancing of the books. The laws of economics are very much like the laws of physics in that you might ignor the law - but you cannot ignore the consequences of having ignored the law.

Carteach said...

NFO, I will look at it. Likely just a Blogger hiccup.

Borepatch said...

Not sure. Progressives certainly view history as a one-way ratchet which is kind of funny since they all studied the Dialectic in school.

Action, reaction. The question is what direction will the reaction take?

Hartley said...

I would tend to agree with you on all counts, though I do think our society is more resilient than many give it credit for.
Whatever happens , do be careful - the current 'powers that be' have shown a willingness to do nasty things to those who disagree with them - and since you are "armed and dangerous", ugly things could happen.

Earl said...

Don't give up, it may be too late to save everyone that doesn't understand that has a whole life of false values and trash worthiness, but that was the whole point of being a free society, a capitalistic economy and a belief something much better than self. There will be survivors, they will start the world again after the demons and giants are destroyed in conflict with the gods and heroes.

Anonymous said...

J. Mosby contends it has already happened and documents his reasons. See Mountainguerrilla or WRSA.

Terry

Wilson said...

“Bad times are ahead.... and this I believe. I think otherwise good people are going to pay a hard price for their choices, and the choices others made before them.

I, personally, have given up any notion that politics can make any but the smallest difference now.”

I came to this same conclusion a while back. The idea is depressing but it also steels you for what is inevitably coming.